On Saturday afternoon, September 14, 2024, during Open Monument Day, the restored The Beehive Stone unveiled in 1930 on the Coolsingel by mayor Aboutaleb. The six by two meter stone has been given a prominent place near the Beurs metro station. Between 1930 and 1960, the monumental facade artwork, made by sculptor Hendrik van den Eijnde, adorned the facade of the former De Bijenkorf warehouse, designed by architect Willem Marinus Dudok. At the time, De Bijenkorf was one of the largest and most modern department stores in Europe. During the bombing on May 14, 1940, twelve bombs fell on the roof, largely destroying the building. Initially, the building was rebuilt, but in 1960 it was finally demolished for the arrival of the metro. This group of statues was the only physical remnant of De Bijenkorf warehouse and was transferred to a distribution area of the department store in Woerden. For years, architecture and history enthusiasts made an effort to The Beehive Stone to bring back to Rotterdam. In 2018, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen was instructed, through a unanimously adopted motion, to The Beehive Stone to be placed on the renovated Coolsingel. BKOR acted as advisor and commissioned designer Jan Konings to design a suitable pedestal for De Beehive stone to make. Its sleek design refers to the modernist department store of Dudok. In collaboration with Urban Development, a suitable location was sought, which is as close as possible to the actual location of the stone. The Beehive Stone originally had the title The working man. The Haarlem sculptor Hendrik van den Eijnde has depicted how the merchandise was transported from all over the world to the Bijenkorf: by steam train, ocean liner and airplane. On the other side of the sculpture group a procession of craftsmen is depicted, led by a musician. The name of the department store is mentioned in art deco letters on the head of the stone.